Saturday, November 25, 2006

Ring-a-ring-a-ring-a-ling!

Leaving Sam's Club, DH and I just saw our first Salvation Army red kettle of the holidays. So, Christmas is officially on its way!

I just love putting something in the red kettle, every time we see one. That may be the very best part of the holidays for me.

Some days, when we're on our way out of the 5th or 6th store with a red kettle, DH will gently say "Sweetie, we *did* put something in on the way in. . ." That's when I remind him that, while many women in Texas ask for diamonds for Christmas, I just want another dollar bill for the red kettle. . . into the kettle it goes, and we're on our way.

Hey, ever since I was little, I've always put something in each red kettle I saw AND I've always been basically happy. Mess with a winning system? I don't think so!

No comments: